Sometimes, you will be asked to (re)install CRM 4.0 and then you can expect to run into trouble. Mostly you won't have the right permissions or previous installation has failed and you have to figure out why... mmmm and not surprising I run into some nice issues...
The first I ran into was the following, after someone had installed CRM 4.0 and browsed to CRM:
"Problems with this Web page might prevent it from being displayed properly or functioning properly" Line: 194 Char: 1 Error: Object expected code: 0"
I found the solutions in one of the communities, here the quick summary:
On IIS 7.0, this issue mostly happens when the static content role is
installed AFTER CRM 4.0 is installed,
Steps to solve this issue:
1) Check if the static content role service is installed on IIS 7.0
(Server Manager -> right-click -> add roles -> check static content)
2) Be aware if the static content role is installed AFTER CRM 4.0 is installed,
the static http handler mappings are not configured!
( IIS 7.0 > website: Microsoft Dynamics CRM -> features view ->
double-click: handler mappings -> double click: "StaticFile" -> Type:
3) Do IISreset
Hope this helps and happy debuggin :)